"Is Barbados a top Caribbean golf destination?"
Is Barbados golf on par with other golf destinations in the Caribbean?
It most certainly is!
Barbados has gained immense popularity in the golf world over the last few years and has most definitely established itself as one of the best golf destinations in the Caribbean.
How couldn’t it be anyway when golf courses in Barbados are blessed with tropical weather and spectacular ocean views?
Plus the superb reputation golf in Barbados has is far beyond that of any other Caribbean island.
But don’t take my word for it…
Here is some proof that golf in Barbados is world class:
• Barbados was chosen to host the 2006 World Golf Championships World Cup. Read more
• Tiger Woods chose the 19th hole of the infamous Green Monkey Golf Course at the luxurious Barbados Sandy Lane Golf Resort and Spa to wed his wife Elin Nordegren in October of 2004. Read more
• The International Association of Golf Tour Operators (IAGTO) voted The Sandy Lane Hotel in Barbados as 2007 Golf Resort of the Year. Read more
With 8 great Barbados golf courses and numerous golf resorts to choose from visitors can definitely enjoy a game of Caribbean golf on our beautiful island.
Are you ready to plan your Barbados golf vacation ? Let's find out!
Golf in Barbados Quick Facts:
• No. of Golf Courses on the Island:8
• No. of Championship Golf Courses on the Island: 5
• No. of Golf Courses on the South Coast: 2
• No. of Golf Courses on the West Coast: 6
• Best Golf Course on the Island: The Green Monkey Golf Course at The Sandy Lane Hotel
• Cheapest Golf Course: The Rockley Barbados Golf Course and Country Club
• Most Affordable Family Golf Course: The Barbados Golf Club
• Newest Barbados Golf Course: Apes Hill Club Barbados Golf Course